Friday 9 April 2010

'News' from the Tories

I do enjoy it when they dress up their election propaganda as 'news'.

The Noel Park Tories will have to excuse me for not turning to a political party as a source of news.

In this case, though, I can almost forgive them, because it's just so funny.

"HARINGEY LABOUR SNEER AT NOEL PARK RESIDENTS' SAFETY WORRIES" booms the headline. Apparently councillors looked on in disbelief as Labour councillors "laughed and jeered" when Tory councillor Alan Dobbie highlighted local safety fears. Tory candidate Gulcan Gul says she was "disgusted".

On the basis of 29 years of experience on the planet Earth, I sincerely doubt that this is a fair and accurate depiction of what went on in that meeting. The Tories seem to have anticipated this reaction, though, and have provided a handy URL for me to go to to "watch Haringey Labour show total contempt for you". Thanks, guys, but I'm just not quite masochistic enough to type in a 90-character URL (another example of Tory internet illiteracy - try using bit.ly next time guys) just to watch my mean, wicked Labour councillors being mean and wicked.

Verdict


Although there is a small box at the bottom of the front page very briefly outlining what the Tories might do about neighbourhood policing, this is viciously, viciously negative. Calling this playground politics isn't fair – I remember having some quite sensible discussions on the playground when I was at school. Poor show.

No comments:

Post a Comment