Wednesday 5 May 2010

Letter from Lynne, aged 11 1/2

This may be the funniest item I've had so far. Lynne Featherstone, aged 11 1/2 (based on her handwriting) has sent me a cute little 'handwritten' (although obviously not actually handwritten) letter on small blue notepaper, like she's my pen pal who I met playing frisbee on a campsite in Cornwall.

It's not the first time I've had 'handwritten' post from Lynne, and it's not a tactic I feel I quite understand. Everyone knows it's not really handwritten. Everyone knows Lynne didn't actually deliver it herself. So what's the point?

It's a pretty bizarre affair. Her handwriting (if indeed it is hers) really is absolutely all over the place - she hasn't even put a piece of lined paper underneath to trace through. Schoolgirl error.

There's a bit of bitchiness here and some rather smug self congratulation, but for the most part Lynne is fairly positive.

Verdict

Not too bad. But next time Lynne, get someone to type it up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment