Thursday 6 May 2010

Good morning!

It's election day! And before I headed down to the polling station to cast my vote this morning, I received two 'Good morning's, one from Labour and one from the Lib Dems. Richard Merrin, I can only assume, doesn't care what sort of a morning I have.

I do find it heartening when, on election day, candidates focus on just getting people out and voting. Labour have done the best job of this - all in their colours of course, but without too much brow-beating. The Lib Dems have taken the opportunity to remind us of what they've been telling us for weeks: that it's a straight choice between Lynne Featherstone and "Gordon Brown's [unnamed] Labour candidate", that Haringey Council is the worst in London and that the Tories can't win.

Verdict

From Labour, a good positive end to a mixed campaign. From the Lib Dems, a sad end to what I found to be a pretty sad campaign.

I'll sum up what I've seen over the past few weeks in full later.

No comments:

Post a Comment